As a health practitioner for over 25 years, and a five-time cancer survivor myself, you could say I have an intimate relationship with pain and more importantly, pain relief and healing. As someone who now assists cancer patients and survivors through their own recoveries, I get asked often how I made through my own journey. Each of my five battles with cancer was long fought and radiation and chemotherapy both played a large part, but through it all, one of the most powerful tools I discovered was the use of positive healing affirmations.
It was during my second bout with cancer that someone recommended the book “You Can Heal Your Life”, by Louise Hay (considered by many to be the “Patron Saint of Affirmations”) and I drew from it heavily in utilizing daily healing affirmations that helped heal me through my battle. I highly recommend getting this book yourself if you’re dealing with health issues or daily/regular pain.
I also highly recommend recording your affirmations. In this article, I won’t get into exactly why or how affirmations work (I recommend articles HERE and HERE for further reading) but listening to your affirmations out loud, recorded in your own voice is the most effective way to get the results you’re looking for.
Here are some powerful affirmations that I recommend for healing:
- “Every day in every way I am getting healthier and healthier.”
- “Every cell in my body is healthy and radiates health.”
- “No matter what symptoms I manifest, I am increasing my health.”
- “My immune system is very strong and can deal with any kind of bacteria, germs and viruses.
- “Every organ in my body is healthy and functions at its optimum scale.”
- “I am pain free in every respect and my body is full of energy.”
- “I am healing every cell of my body at every moment of my life.”
- “I am grateful for the healing that is happening in my body.”
- “I trust in the love given to me by my doctors (family, friends, etc.) to help my body heal itself.”
- “I can just relax about everything that has been worrying me, and enjoy the process of healing.”
- “I now allow myself to stay focused on receiving healing energy, even in the presence of painful symptoms.”
Healing Affirmations can be very simple and straight forward:
- “I deserve to be healed. “
- “I am healed, whole, and healthy.”
- “I receive perfect health into my physical body.”
- “I am healthy and whole.”
Healing Affirmations can also be more detailed and complex:
- “I trust my body’s urge to heal. I don’t have to make it get well. All I have to do is support it. I am becoming healthier every day.”
- “As I start this day, I allow my mind, my body, and my soul to relax and heal. As I move throughout this day, I draw in healing white light and with each passing moment, I grow stronger and healthier. I am the embodiment of health and beauty.”
Affirmations should be combined and customized to fit your situation and more importantly, to resonate with your own emotional energy. Whatever affirmations you utilize in your holistic healing process, make sure you allow yourself to FEEL the positive emotions of healing when reciting them.
Here is one of my favorite Louise Hay affirmations that I used (and still use) to help me through my healing process:
“In the infinity of life where I am, all is perfect, whole and complete. I recognize my body as a good friend. Each cell in my body has Divine Intelligence. I listen to what it tells me, and know that its advice is valid. I am always safe, and Divinely protected and guided. I choose to be healthy and free. All is well in my world.”
Do you have an affirmation that has carried you through your own healing process? Please share it in the comments below.
Have a balanced Day! ~Maria
About The Author
Maria Martos is the Executive Director and Founder of the Cancer Support and Education Program, and has been owner of Sagewood Wellness Center for 20 years. As a Certified Neuromuscular Therapist, Maria specializes in the treatment of severe, chronic or minor pain, as well as injury rehabilitation and prevention. She holds a certification in Sports Massage providing her with expertise to evaluate and address athletic injuries and to help professional and recreational athletes improve their athletic performance. Maria is also Board Certified by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. She holds a Master of Science in Counseling Psychology, and offers Holistic Counseling, focusing on Integrative Mind-Body Therapy to help individuals uncover and remove unconscious blocks that limit them from living their best lives. She is also a Reiki Master and Teacher, and has worked in the health care field for over 25 years. Her passion and life’s calling is to help others not just survive, but thrive in the face of challenges.